[Mesa-users] Installing ndiff

EMILY WHITEHEAD E.E.WHITEHEAD-2018 at hull.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:28:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm a Master's student trying to install MESA 8845 using the Ubuntu App (Version 2204.1.6.0). I'm using MESA SDK 7624. When I try to install MESA I get an error saying I need to install ndiff. I followed the instructions given in the error message:

You need to install ndiff before you can install mesa.

    The ndiff tar file is in the mesa/utils directory.
    Unpack it anywhere (tar -zxvf ndiff-2.00.tar.gz),
   and cd to the ndiff directory.
    Then do the usual sequence:

           ./configure
           make all
           sudo make install

    Note: 'make check' seems to give lots of false alarms.
    I suggest skipping that step in the ndiff installation.

    BTW: there's another 'ndiff' out there in the unix world.
           http://nmap.org/ndiff/
    I'm sure it's a great tool, but it isn't what we need.

I unzipped the file and entered the ./configure command. However, when I then enter the 'make all' command given in the error message I get the following error:

gcc -I. -I/usr/local/include  -DVERSION='"2.00"' -DDATE='"10-Dec-2000"'  -O     -c -o ndiff.o ndiff.c
/home/ewhitehead/mesasdk/bin/gcc.wrapper: line 45: /home/ewhitehead/mesasdk/bin/gcc.wrapper.exec: No such file or directory
make: *** [<builtin>: ndiff.o] Error 127

I checked my files and, whilst I have a gcc.exec file & a gcc.wrapper file, I do not have a file called 'gcc.wrapper.exec'.

How do I solve this error?

Thanks,
Emily