[Mesa-users] Postdoctoral position at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia
ilya.mandel at monash.edu
Tue Jan 11 22:58:13 UTC 2022
Please forgive the intrusion. I am advertising the following position and would be very grateful if you could share it with potential candidates (or apply yourself, if relevant!).
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research fellowship at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
We have a dynamic group and welcome candidates with broad interests in theoretical astrophysics. The position focuses on gravitational-wave astronomy or high-energy astrophysics, including but not limited to:
- Gravitational-wave astrophysics and the interpretation of exciting new data on binary neutron star and black hole mergers
- Modelling massive stellar and binary evolution
- The interpretation of high-energy astrophysical transients, including tidal disruption events and gamma-ray bursts
- Astrostatistics, including gravitational-wave and LSST data analysis
- Stellar dynamics, X-ray binaries, test of gravity, …
for the full advertisement and application instructions.
Applications should be submitted online via the above URL and should include a CV with a publication list and a statement of research interests. Applicants should also arrange for three reference letters to be sent directly to ilya.mandel _AT_ monash.edu .
The School of Physics and Astronomy at Monash University is strongly committed to improving the diversity of our staff and students, and promoting a culture of equity, fairness, respect and openness. Applications from female candidates are highly encouraged.
The application deadline is 10 February, 2022. The start date is flexible.
More information about the Mesa-users