[Mesa-users] The Module of Network in MESA

Francis Timmes fxt44 at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 15:03:36 UTC 2022

hi wenyu,

the guidance says

% cp $MESA_DIR/net/test/src/sample_net.f90 .

take a look at sample_net.f90. lines 293-294 say

! instantaneous net energy generation rate
         write(6,24) 'eps_nuc    =',eps_nuc, 'erg/g/sec'

one can/should explore if one does not immediately believe this comment.
for example,

% cd $MESA_DIR/net
% grep -r "subroutine net_get(" *
public/net_lib.f90:      subroutine net_get( &

where line 639 of net_lib.f90 repeats the claim

        real(dp), intent(out) :: eps_nuc ! ergs/g/s from burning after including losses from reaction neutrinos

one can/should explore if one remains unconvinced.

note that neutrino losses from reaction and thermal sources are different.

fxt