[Mesa-users] Problems of Creating a Progenitor in make_pre_ccsn_IIp

陳永濬 herry3121300 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:13:41 UTC 2022

To whom it may concern,

I am Yung-Jiun Chen, currently an undergraduate student studying in the
Department of Physics at National Taiwan University (NTU).
Recently, I have been working on the research of superluminous supernovae
(Project Description: ASIAA Summer Student Program 2022 (sinica.edu.tw)
<http://events.asiaa.sinica.edu.tw/ssp/2022/project_detail.php?i=3785567d9933f7219bdf66953bc5c290>)
with MESA.
I can produce light curves with *make_pre_ccsn_IIp*, *ccsn_IIp,* and
*STELLA*.
However, I have problems creating a progenitor in *make_pre_ccsn_IIp*.
I tried to create a progenitor composed of carbon and oxygen (to make Type
I supernovae), and I found some commands may be useful in *star_job*,

=====

      ! replace_element
      ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ! replace_initial_element
      ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ! chem_name1
      ! ~~~~~~~~~~
      ! chem_name2
      ! ~~~~~~~~~~
      ! replace_element_nzlo
      ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ! replace_element_nzhi
      ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      ! replace one iso by another in a given range of cells
      ! ``chem_name1`` and ``chem_name2`` from ``chem_def``

      ! ::

    replace_element = .false.
    replace_initial_element = .false.
    chem_name1 = 'he3'
    chem_name2 = 'he4'
    replace_element_nzlo = -1
    replace_element_nzhi = -1

=====

but the descriptions of how to use them are limited. How can I use them?
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Yung-Jiun Chen