[Mesa-users] Setting H-envelope mass in subdwarfs

Evan Bauer evan.bauer.astro at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 23:49:57 UTC 2022

Hi Kunal,

Yes, it looks like you've found the right control for retaining various H envelope masses in the make_sdb test case. I think that will do pretty much exactly what you expect, but feel free to let us know if you encounter unexpected behavior.

The other thing to be aware of is the control that defines what constitutes "H envelope mass":
https://docs.mesastar.org/en/release-r22.05.1/reference/controls.html#he-core-boundary-h1-fraction <https://docs.mesastar.org/en/release-r22.05.1/reference/controls.html#he-core-boundary-h1-fraction>

The H envelope in this case is everything above the He core boundary, and the definition of where the He core starts is set by that control.

Cheers,
Evan