[Mesa-users] Notes on MESA M1 Install

Erica A Sawczynec ericasaw at utexas.edu
Thu Aug 4 21:45:55 UTC 2022

Hi All,
	I just wanted to note a couple of things about my recent MESA M1 install. I installed SDK version 22.6.1 without issue. When I followed the instructions from the Mac (Intel) install of the MESASDK I was getting a zsh: command not found: gfortran error, but I think this was only because I hadn’t put the source $MESASDK_ROOT/bin/mesasdk_init.sh line in my zshrc file yet, though the instructions on the SDK page hadn’t mentioned putting that line in the zshrc file to successfully get the gfortran version (I found that line in the MESA documentation on the Install page). Just a small thing I wanted to note in case anyone runs into that install question in the future.

I also installed MESA version 22.05.1 successfully without issue. I’m really pleased that the install went so easily, so thanks for all of the great work making sure MESA is compatible with M1!
Erica