[Mesa-users] History Data

Warrick Ball W.H.Ball at bham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 10:08:49 UTC 2022

Hi Bisi,

I suggest reading through the documentation on MESA's output:

     https://docs.mesastar.org/en/release-r22.05.1/using_mesa/output.html

For the `20M_pre_ms_to_core_collapse` test case, you can edit the `history_columns.list` file that's already there.  Uncomment column names that you don't want; comment column names that you do.

In general, if `history_columns.list` isn't already in your working directory, you can copy it from `$MESA_DIR/star/defaults/history_columns.list` or set the `history_columns_file` control in `&star_job` to point to a non-standard location.

     https://docs.mesastar.org/en/release-r22.05.1/reference/star_job.html#history-columns-file

You may also want to change the `history_interval` control in `&controls` to write data more often.

     https://docs.mesastar.org/en/release-r22.05.1/reference/controls.html#history-interval

Cheers,
Warrick

Warrick Ball
Postdoc, School of Physics and Astronomy
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT
W.H.Ball at bham.ac.uk
+44 (0)121 414 4552