[Mesa-users] Problem with stellar rotation

Yaroslav Lazovik yaroslav.lazovik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:43:49 EDT 2020

Good evening to everyone,
I just began learning MESA and I found the problem which I can't solve. I'm
using mesa-r12778 and mesa sdk 12778. My task is to trace the evolution of
low- and intermediate-mass stars with various initial angular velocities. I
want to set different omega values just after ZAMS. However, I can't do it
properly. I can set omega/omega_crit and it works fine, but I can't set
omega alone.
It works:
   set_near_zams_omega_div_omega_crit_steps = 10
   new_omega_div_omega_crit = 0.4
It doesn't work:
    set_near_zams_omega_steps = 10
    new_omega = 2d-5
I attached inlist and corresponding history files. When I try to set omega
it remains zero throughout the evolution. Please, let me know if you know
the solution. I guess it may be very simple, but not for me.
All the best,
Yaroslav