[Mesa-users] Using MESASDK w/o X11 package

RICHARD H D TOWNSEND townsend at astro.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 14 09:03:55 EST 2018

Hi Gururaj —

Rather than directly editing $MESASDK_ROOT/bin/mesasdk_preq_check.sh, you can simply do the following:

touch $MESASDK_ROOT/etc/check_preq.done

cheers,

Rich

On Feb 14, 2018, at 7:51 AM, Gururaj Wagle via Mesa-users <mesa-users at lists.mesastar.org<mailto:mesa-users at lists.mesastar.org>> wrote:

Dear Rob,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. With the edits that you suggested, I have now successfully installed MESA on the system. I ran a test model, and  it seems to be working fine.

In addition to editing the makefile_header, I also commented out lines 2388 through 2461 from the file $MESASDK_ROOT/bin/mesasdk_preq_check.sh. It might not be important for installation, but it stops the mesasdk_intit.sh file from complaining, when I source it.

Unfortunately, the admin of the system did not seem keen about installing X11 libraries on the system. So I have to do without the plots. It might not be too terrible for my scientific goals. I am using MESA to evolve preSN progenitors.

Regards,
Guru