[Mesa-users] Failed installation message

Warrick Ball wball at bison.ph.bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 05:21:39 EST 2018

Hi,

First, you didn't try typing `./clean` or `./touch` before `./install`,
like I suggested in my first message.

Second, from the Troubleshooting page:

"Provide some information about the computer you are using, including:

- your operating system (including version information)
- which version of MESA you are using
- which version of the MESA SDK you are using"

Please give more information about what system you're trying to install
on.  I can tell from the terminal that it's probably MESA r10108 on some
version of Linux Mint (with which I'm not familiar).  But I'm quite
suspicious about the location that you're installing to.  Is it a USB
drive of some sort?  Are you sure you have the appropriate file
permissions?  Because the error message implies that you don't.

Third, please rather copy and paste the text into your email client rather
than attaching screenshots.

Cheers,
Warrick

Warrick Ball
Postdoc, School of Physics and Astronomy
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT
wball at bison.ph.bham.ac.uk
+44 (0)121 414 4552