[Mesa-users] Changing metallicity for binary stars

aite kaci aitekaci at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 17:55:28 EST 2018

Thank you for your suggestions.

I followed your advice and did the same thing as done in
$MESA_DIR/binary/test_suite_binary_bh  i did not have a result.

The error is:

 000E-02 -0.124E-01    varcontrol

                                                    klo           1
1.0000000000000000D+00
                                                    khi         994
0.0000000000000000D+00
                                                  new_z
2.9999999999999999D-02
                                              current_z
3.0000000000001137D-02

 ERROR: failed to find age in history data

 ERROR: failed to find period_days in history data

 History_Track1 ierr          -1
 onScreen_Plots ierr          -1

                                 finished doing relax z

 star_relax_Z ierr          -1
 do_star_job_controls_after ierr          -1
DATE: 2018-02-11
TIME: 17:50:53

I want to start the run directly with z = 0.03 so i need to do
relax_initial_z = 0.03  ?

Thank you