[Mesa-users] Bug in diffusion?

Evan Bauer ebauer at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 25 19:39:12 EDT 2017

Hi Michael,

As Aaron points out, this isn’t so much a bug as a known limitation (briefly mentioned in the release notes for 9793: https://sourceforge.net/p/mesa/mailman/message/35869775/ <https://sourceforge.net/p/mesa/mailman/message/35869775/>). This limitation only exists when radiative levitation is enabled, because each class representative needs a g_rad calculation from OP that is only available for 17 elements (listed in op_def.f90).

Your options are:
	1) Don’t do radiative levitation, employ diffusion_use_full_net with impunity.
	2) Do radiative levitation, employ a net that only uses elements supported for OP g_rad calculations.
	3) Do radiative levitation, turn off diffusion_use_full_net and set up the class structure “by hand” as Aaron suggests.

Cheers,
Evan