[Mesa-users] ZAHB temperatures and Reimers parameter

Adrian Ayala aayala at ugr.es
Thu Oct 19 13:59:16 EDT 2017

Hi, everybody!
We are running two models (Reimers mass loss parameter, eta = 0.2 and
eta = 0.3). In both models, we have M = 0.82 solar mass, initial helium
mass fraction, Y = 0.248, and metallicity, Z =0.001.
By the beginning of horizontal branch phase, we should obtain that the
two models have different Teff (higher in the case of the bigger Reimers
parameter). However,
the Teff are practically the same for both models.
I suspect we are making some mistake when introducing the initial
helium mass fraction (changing the default value of MESA) or when
turning on the mass loss mechanism.
See in attach the inlist we use. Could anybody suggest how to detect
where the flaw is?
Thank you very much in advance!

--
Adrian Ayala