[Mesa-users] Roche lobe plot using mesa-r8845

Francis Timmes fxt44 at mac.com
Fri Oct 13 02:03:56 EDT 2017

the plot is a two-dimensional representation of the gravitational potential
for the two-body (or restricted 3-body) problem. colors represent the
equipotentials and the five lagrange points are readily visible.

mesa is a 1d toolkit for stellar evolution.
it cannot generate the data needed to make this kind of plot.

you will need to find another tool to produce such a plot,
or learn how to calculate the potential yourself and have
a graphing program like gnuplot plot the data,

fxt