[Mesa-users] installation error latest sdk

RICHARD H D TOWNSEND townsend at astro.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 5 16:01:33 EDT 2017

Hi Etienna --

This issue is arising because the gfortran 7.2 compiler which ships with the latest SDK is rather more fussy about the source code (sometimes, incorrectly so) than the older compiler that shipped with earlier SDKs.

There are two ways to fix this:

*) Short-term fix: remove the -Werror flag from the definition of the FCwarn variable in utils/makefile_header

*) Longer-term fix: upgrade to a more-recent release of MESA. 8845 is over a year old.

cheers,

Rich