[mesa-users] Inlist issue

Frank Timmes fxt44 at mac.com
Thu Jul 20 15:02:28 EDT 2017

inlist_massive_star creates a pre-main sequence model

      create_pre_main_sequence_model = .true.

rather than load a previous model. in such cases it can be useful
to turn on rotation when the pre-ms model is near zams. for example,

      new_rotation_flag = .true.
      change_rotation_flag = .false.                 ! rotation off until near zams
      near_zams_relax_omega_div_omega_crit = .true.  ! true to turn on rotation at zams
      num_steps_to_relax_rotation = 100              ! use this many steps in relaxing
      new_omega_div_omega_crit = 0.10d0

explore http://mesa.sourceforge.net/star_job_defaults.html#rotation_controls
to find the relevant controls for omega instead of the omega_div_omega_crit
used in the above example.

fxt