[mesa-users] Problem binding GYRE5.0rc1 in Mesa r9575

alfred at gautschy.ch alfred at gautschy.ch
Thu Apr 6 02:37:26 EDT 2017

Aaron

thanks for the suggestion. I thought the ./clean was superfluous
because I started with
a Mesa installation from scratch. But I did a ./clean now, as suggested.
The ./clean scrubbed away the mesa/gyre/gyre directory where
previously the executables and compiled/linked routines from the
standalone-installation lived -- this is
just what should happen I suppose. Then, starting an ./install in mesa
works fine again to the end of

         mesa/star has been built, tested, and exported.

Then, the installation of the gyre package crashes at an earlier stage
than hitherto with:

make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Ziel „gyre_input.mod“,
   benötigt von „gyre_lib.o“, zu erstellen.  Schluss.

/home/alfred/StarWare/Mesa/mesa/gyre/make
FAILED

>>> translation: make: *** No rule found to generate target "gyre_input.mod",
                   which is used by "gyre_lib.o"

Beats me even more than last night's experience.

Alfred