[mesa-users] modifications in star/private/

Meridith Joyce Meridith.Joyce.GR at dartmouth.edu
Thu Oct 13 16:15:17 EDT 2016

Hi all,
I'm having difficulty (in mesa-r8118) getting object and mod files in .../star/make/ (example: star_private_def.mod, .o ) to update after editing the corresponding source code in /star/private/. What are the steps to rebuilding the "star" executable in /work/ after making changes in /star/private/ routines?
Currently, I'm
-editing source code
-deleting the old .mod  and .o files in star/make/; I shouldn't have to do this but it seems libstar.a isn't being updated unless I do
-./mk in /star/
-./export in /star/
-./mk; ./rn in /star/work/
Also, shouldn't it be possible to rebuild specific routines without rebuilding all of MESA (this seems to happen with /star/ ./clean, which is time consuming)?

Thank you,

Meridith Joyce
Ph.D. Candidate, Wilder Lab
Department of Physics and Astronomy