[mesa-users] Setting initial conditions

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:30:05 EDT 2016

Hi Siddhant,

That's not how stellar evolution codes work.  You have *evolve* your model
from some initial condition (could be the pre-main sequence or ZAMS) up to
the conditions of the real star in question.

You can use the astero module to help you find the initial conditions that
will evolve to the star you're interested in, if you like.  You may find
this page useful:
http://mesastar.org/teaching-materials/overview-of-the-astero-module

Aaron