[mesa-users] Setting initial conditions

siddhant solanki siddhantsolanki321 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:20:05 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am trying to evolve a real star using MESA. I wish to put in the known
properties of the star as the initial conditions for the MESA run. I have
been able to put in the initial mass and metallicity of the star but I also
wish to put in the initial temperature, rotation rate, starting age (as the
current age if the star ) surface gravity and initial luminosity
(bolometric and visible) for the run. May someone please tell me the
commands for all of these options? Also should I put these options under
star job or &controls?

Thank you

SIncerely

Siddhant