[mesa-users] hydrostatic equilibrium calculation with mesa data

Ehsan Moravveji e.moravveji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:19:44 EDT 2016

Dear Noam,

Regarding how the hydrostatic equlibrium is satisfied in your mesa model, you can follow the following page (exercises for master students at KU Leuven), and perhaps that walks you through the necessary steps to compute dP/dr.
http://www.ster.kuleuven.be/~ehsan/sse/exercise05/exercise05.html <http://www.ster.kuleuven.be/~ehsan/sse/exercise05/exercise05.html>

Regarding the meshing in MESA, please dive into the first instrument paper (Paxton et al. 2011). You will see quite some light there.

Best,
Ehsan.