[mesa-users] Question

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Tue May 31 12:02:42 EDT 2016

Hi Abel,

> If the problem is that the output file is hard to read because a row with many elements continues on a new line

Excellent new take on what might be the problem (I have to admit that I don't know what the actual problem is!).   I didn't even think of that since I never look at the text files (I make plots plots and more plots).  But in the rare cases where I do check something in the editor, I can set it so that it doesn't break lines of the file onto separate lines on the screen (same as your nowrap).  Then I simply use horizontal scrolling.   Or if I want to get several values from a row, I'll copy it to a separate file and replace spaces by CR's.  then do the same for the line with the column names and match up names with values.   It might be useful to have a script that would do that automatically, but I don't resort to doing it enough to be motivated to create such a script!

Perhaps someone else has a trick for doing this.  But unless you need many digits of output, making plots is the better solution in my experience.

Cheers,
Bill