[mesa-users] create He stars by create_zams

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Tue May 24 17:11:27 EDT 2016

Hi,

create_zams is the wrong tool for the job.

if you are aiming for much larger masses, i suggest taking a look at the test case make_massive_with_uniform_composition.
you can set the target composition by editing the inlist.  it creates a C/O mix currently with these parameters.

         ! C/O MIX
         ! set target uniform composition for relax_initial_to_xaccrete
         num_accretion_species = 2
         accretion_species_id(1) = 'c12'
         accretion_species_xa(1) = 0.1582d0
         accretion_species_id(2) = 'o16'
         accretion_species_xa(2) = 0.8418d0

For pure He4, you'd change this to
         ! He4
         ! set target uniform composition for relax_initial_to_xaccrete
         num_accretion_species = 1
         accretion_species_id(1) = 'he4'
         accretion_species_xa(1) = 1d0

set initial_mass to whatever you want.

Give it a try -- you'll be the 1st person to try this as far as I know, so let us know what happens.

Bill