[mesa-users] default value set rates preference

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:09:22 EDT 2016

Developing a comfort level with grep and the MESA source code is a
worthwhile endeavor.

To answer the question "What happens if I *don't* use
set_rates_preference?"  we follow the trail of breadcrumbs to the following
subroutine in star/private/net.f90:

      subroutine default_set_which_rates(id, ierr)
         use rates_def, only: rates_NACRE_if_available
         integer, intent(in) :: id
         integer, intent(out) :: ierr
         type (star_info), pointer :: s
         ierr = 0
         call get_star_ptr(id, s, ierr)
         if (ierr /= 0) return
         s% which_rates(:) = rates_NACRE_if_available
      end subroutine default_set_which_rates

Aaron