[mesa-users] convergence

Kenny Van kvan at ualberta.ca
Thu May 12 12:17:25 EDT 2016

HI,

I'm trying to run some systems with a smaller tolerance. Currently I'm
running into convergence issues where the system breaks due to timestep
being lower than min_timestep. I don't want to reduce the minimum timestep
too much as I'm worried that instead of smoothing out some of the
oscillations I'm finding I'll instead encounter noise in the calculations

I have attached the single star I use in the binary system. I have also
attached a plot of mass loss over time. I am trying to smooth out those
early oscillation in the beginning as I don't know of a physical reason
they should occur.

If anyone has any ideas on how to smooth out those oscillations or if they
know why they are occurring any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

[image: Inline image 2]