[mesa-users] dlnRho_dlnT_const_Pgas, dlnRho_dlnPgas_const_T

Robert Farmer rjfarmer at asu.edu
Wed Jun 22 12:52:28 EDT 2016

Hi
Can i ask why you want those terms?

Whats happened is that mesa has an option to either use lnPgas (ln gas
pressure) or lnd (ln density) as a variable in the equations. By default we
use lnd, thus those dlnRho terms are not defined. Either you can set to
true:

         !### change_lnPgas_flag
         !### change_initial_lnPgas_flag
         !### new_lnPgas_flag
         ! lnPgas variables
         ! `lnPgas_flag` is true if we are using lnPgas variables in place
of lnd

      change_lnPgas_flag = .false.
      change_initial_lnPgas_flag = .false.
      new_lnPgas_flag = .false.

In your stars inlist to switch to lnPgas, or if i know why you want those
terms i could suggest another set of d... terms that are useful for you.

Have a look in star/private/profile_getval and you'll see you need s%
lnPgas_flag to be true to get a value.

Rob