[mesa-users] Help in extending MESA

Josiah Schwab jwschwab at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:45:28 EDT 2016

Hi Myank,

> How can we use MESA to get a new plot of Luminosity of the star at a
> distance x from the Star, the effective temperature for an earth like
> planet at distance x.

MESA outputs the stellar luminosity.

Converting luminosity to a flux and calculating a corresponding
effective temperature is a standard undergraduate homework problem.
This list is not the appropriate place to seek support for such a
calculation.

> How can we get a continuous stream of the stellar data into another program.

It is likely simplest run MESA, get the output, and then use that output
as input to another program.  If you need continuous sampling, then you
can interpolate in the MESA output.

You can even get your MESA output by running MESA online:

  http://mesa-web.asu.edu/

Hope that helps,
Josiah