[mesa-users] turbulent diffusion

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:57:50 EDT 2016

Hi Bill,

I'll make that change in the mesa sources.

Thanks!

> Is the only change is to replace 'anonymous_mixing' by 'no_mixing'?  Your
> email also changes loc-1 to loc+1; is that also part of your suggested
> change?

Yes, I would change loc-1 to loc+1 to get below the lower convective
boundary.

I think I would remove the if statement altogether.  We already know that
we're at a convective boundary.  My question about a better way to do this
is that below the convective boundary could be any of the other types of
mixing (semiconvection, overshoot, thermohaline).  The inner subroutine
checks against three types and either overrides them or adds them
accordingly.  The only place that anonymous_mixing seems to be used is in
the preceding routine add_radiation_turbulence.

Aaron