[mesa-users] WD Ingite Test inlist

Robert Farmer rjfarmer at asu.edu
Sun Jan 31 17:20:14 EST 2016

Please always use reply-all to send a copy back to mesa-users list, that
way other people can help and could be helped by these emails.

In a sense yes its the inlist_project and the inlist_pgstar, If you look at
inlist_wd_ignite you'll see it has a star_job, controls and pgstar section
which is what is in other test_suites inlist_project and inlist_pgstar.
However there shouldn't be a inlist_project and inlist_pgstar file in the
wd_ignite test_suite folder.

In the wd_ignite test_suite folder there is a file called "inlist", which
should look like this:

      mesa_dir = '../../..'

      read_extra_star_job_inlist2 = .true.
      extra_star_job_inlist2_name = 'inlist_wd_ignite'

/ ! end of star_job namelist

      read_extra_controls_inlist1 = .true.
      extra_controls_inlist1_name = 'inlist_wd_ignite'

/ ! end of controls namelist

      read_extra_pgstar_inlist1 = .true.
      extra_pgstar_inlist1_name = 'inlist_wd_ignite'

/ ! end of pgstar namelist

Those lines extra_*_inlist_name tell mesa where to find the files which
contains the input parameters and for the wd_ignite case should point to
the inlist_wd_ignite file i sent.

However it sounds like you've been editing these files and they don;t work
now, perhaps it would be easier to re-download the mesa zip folder, unpack
that then copy the wd_ignite folder from the newly downloaded mesa into
your old mesa folder, so that you get a clean copy of the folder and then
things should just work.