[mesa-users] Questions...

Robert Farmer rjfarmer at asu.edu
Sun Jan 24 14:44:20 EST 2016

By DHR, i assume you mean a hertzsprung-russell diagram? Plotting
Temperature vs luminosity? If so then you want to look at the
LOGS/history.data file which contains information about the star at each
time step. The profileXX.data files show a snapshot of the star at some
model number.

There are many tools available here: http://mesastar.org/tools-utilities
for reading and plotting data.

For looking at how to make pgstar plots i would look at the old summer
school material here http://mesastar.org/teaching-materials specifically at
this lecture
http://mesastar.org/teaching-materials/2015-mesa-summer-school/timmes which
deals with customizing pgstar plots. I'd suggest also looking over the
other summer school lectures to find out how to use MESA.