[mesa-users] Brunt-Vaisala frequency

Ying Qin Ying.Qin at unige.ch
Thu Jan 21 16:38:53 EST 2016

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your reply.
I found MESA really did a good job about this parameter! The Ledoux term has been already involved in the brunt_N2.

Cheers,
Ying

On 21 Jan 2016, at 22:11, Robert Farmer <rjfarmer at asu.edu<mailto:rjfarmer at asu.edu>> wrote:

Hi

It looks like, you want the brunt_N2 term then, as brunt_A= brunt_N2* r/g
which then should give you N^2. For the /x^2 term you just need to divide by the fractional radius at that cell. Which you could do in your run_star_extras file, where you just need to add:

 s%brunt_N2(k)/(s% r(k)/s% r(1))**2

as an extra profile column

Rob