[mesa-users] Brunt-Vaisala frequency

Robert Farmer rjfarmer at asu.edu
Thu Jan 21 16:11:01 EST 2016

It looks like, you want the brunt_N2 term then, as brunt_A= brunt_N2* r/g
which then should give you N^2. For the /x^2 term you just need to divide
by the fractional radius at that cell. Which you could do in your
run_star_extras file, where you just need to add:

 s%brunt_N2(k)/(s% r(k)/s% r(1))**2

as an extra profile column