[mesa-users] New to MESA

Bill Wolf wmwolf at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 20 16:20:32 EST 2016

Hi Siddhant,

I’m not sure what your familiarity level with MESA is, but I think the best place to start is on the main MESA webpage:

http://mesa.sourceforge.net/

And carefully go through the “getting started”, “using pgstar”, “MESA output”, and perhaps the “beyond inlists” sections shown in the sidebar. After going through some or all of these, jump over to Josiah’s excellent introductory lecture from the last summer school at

http://jschwab.github.io/mesa-2015/

which will give you a good review/introduction of some basic materials and then into simple uses of run_star_extras to extend MESA’s capabilities.

Bill
William Wolf
wmwolf at physics.ucsb.edu

UCSB Department of Physics