[mesa-users] new parameter on make_o_ne_wd test suite

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 26 13:37:47 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm experimenting with a new scheme to reduce the noise in the rotational mixing diffusion coefficients by doing spatial and temporal smoothing.  Turning on the D_omega_flag turns on this new scheme.  You are welcome to try it.  I suggest you use pgstar to make profile plots of the mixing coefficients with and without the new smoothing to get a feel for what it is doing.  If you'd like to dig into the code to see how D_omega is set, look in star/private/rotation_mix_info.f90 toward the end of the set_rotation_mixing_info routine.

Cheers,
Bill