[mesa-users] A crude fix for ~1.5Msun pre-MS models with T(tau) atmospheres

Choi, Jieun jieun.choi at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 18 15:09:43 EDT 2016

Hi Warrick,

I ran into similar problems with photosphere- and tau100-tables in the past
and took the same approach as you. But instead of modifying the code, why
not use run_star_extras.f?

In extras_finish_step,

!     set BC: change to tables after running on simple photosphere
      if (s% model_number == 100) then
         write(*,*) 'switching from simple photosphere to ', s% job%
extras_cpar(1)
         s% which_atm_option = s% job% extras_cpar(1)
      endif

where I set extras_cpar(1) to photosphere or tau100 tables in the inlist
depending on the mass of my model. I change after 100 steps but of course
you can pick whatever you want.

Hope this helps!
-Jieun