[mesa-users] Converging an AGSS05 Solar model

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:02:47 EDT 2016

Hi Ebraheem,

It is more difficult to fit the solar sound speed profile with the Asplund
et al. (2004) solar abundances than it is with the older Grevesse & Noels
(1993) or Grevesse & Sauval (1998).  This is a common result in the
literature and has been the subject of many studies.  See, for example,
these:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2005ApJ...618.1049B
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2009ApJ...705L.123S

Aaron