[mesa-users] Integration scheme for angular momentum equation

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 5 19:27:48 EDT 2016

Hi,

The details are in the file star/private/solve_omega_mix.  At the center is a quad precision tridiagonal solver. Around that is wrapped a loop to do newton iterations until the corrections become small enough to accept.  And around that is another loop that breaks the stellar evolution timestep into substeps of small enough size to allow the newton to succeed.  The routine 'create_matrix_and_rhs' has the code to setup the Jacobian and right-hand-side for the solver.  It is based on eqn 46 from Heger, Langer, & Woosley, 2000.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Bill