[mesa-users] Too much mesh points

Robert Farmer rjfarmer at asu.edu
Fri Aug 5 13:09:22 EDT 2016

> I need around 3,000 mesh points across my model. For that purpose, I
customise the mesh distribution, and put quite some weight around the
convective and overshooting boundaries. That is when the problems begin, as
soon as the mu-gradient layers develop.

Can you not just weaken your re-meshing controls then? Or do you really
need the resolution in those regions and would be happy to have less
resolution away from the convection/overshoot boundaries?

Rob