[mesa-users] Depth-dependent alpha

Ireland, Lewis lgi201 at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Apr 29 14:44:20 EDT 2016

Thank you both for your replies!

Apologies, I missed out a fundamental part of my explanation about the gradT, which is why it seemed unclear.

I want alpha(r) ~ alpha_0 * gradT_0(r) * other_stuff(r), where gradT_0(r) is the corresponds to the fixed alpha_0.

So in a way, I wish to run one iteration with a fixed alpha_0, determine gradT_0, then on to the next iteration at the same radial point, using my newly calculated alpha(r) to work out a new gradT.

Does this make sense? I guess it would mean running each step twice: one with alpha_0 and one with alpha(r)?

Cheers,

Lewis