[mesa-users] [GYRE] Interpretation of xi_r

Cyrus Zalian thebigkiwi2003 at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 3 06:47:57 EDT 2016

Hello to everybody,

I have a small question regarding the GYRE output. In attachment is the
plot I obtained for the fundamental mode of RR Lyrae type star. On the x
axis is r/R* and on the y axis is the real part of the radial displacement
perturbation (should I rather plot the module of it ?).

The last one goes up to 600 ! Is it normal ? I thought that this value was
equal to dr/R, and as I read there was a 10% to 15% modification of the
radius I'm confused.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Cyrus.