[mesa-users] Problem with Radiative Levitation

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 7 15:11:00 EST 2015

Hi Ehsan,

I wish I had a magic solution to computing smooth and accurate abundance profiles near the surface with diffusion + levitation.
But I don't have one, so I suggest you get clear about what you really need as opposed to what you'd like.
If you are focusing on the Fe bump, do you really need smooth abundances near the surface?
If so, you are going to make a time consuming experiment much much more difficult.

-b