[mesa-users] Problem with Radiative Levitation

Ehsan Moravveji Ehsan.Moravveji at ster.kuleuven.be
Wed Jan 7 06:37:55 EST 2015

Dear all,

I’ve been lately looking into with atomic diffusion + radiative levitation to trace accumulation of Fe-group elements around Fe-bump.
As you may know, this is a very time consuming experiment, and every test run takes few days.

I used to have pretty nice evolution of abundances (like Fe and Ni) with version 5548. Now with version 7280, and using almost the same inlist as before, I get quite noisy abundances close to the surface. Please compare the two example plots.
I already have a run with only diffusion (and with levitation turned off), to make sure the issue is with levitation, not diffusion. But, the run is not done yet.

Does anybody have an idea what the cause for the problem is?
I have attached my newer inlist.

Best regards
Ehsan.

[cid:499d2702-fe28-4269-b6c1-8ee45d72f882 at luna.kuleuven.be]