[mesa-users] Deuterium burning in PMS stars

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:29:03 EST 2015

Hi Mike,

What do you expect for center_h2?

In your inlist you have not specified any initial composition information
so you get some default values, probably not what you want.  May I suggest
you try setting these values in the star_job section of your inlist:

      set_uniform_initial_composition = .true.

         !### initial_h1
         !### initial_h2
         !### initial_he3
         !### initial_he4
         ! if `set_uniform_initial_composition` is true, then
         ! set hydrogen and helium mass fractions according to the
following:
         ! If no h2 in current net, then this will be added to h1.
         ! If no he3 in current net, then this will be added to he4.

(your preferred values here)

      initial_h1 = -1
      initial_h2 = -1
      initial_he3 = -1
      initial_he4 = -1

         !### initial_zfracs
         ! if `set_uniform_initial_composition` is true, then set metal
fractions
         ! z fractions -- select one of the options defined in
`chem/public/chem_def` :

         ! + `AG89_zfracs = 1`
         ! + `GN93_zfracs = 2`
         ! + `GS98_zfracs = 3`
         ! + `L03_zfracs = 4`
         ! + `AGS05_zfracs = 5`
         ! + `AGSS09_zfracs = 6`
         ! + `L09_zfracs = 7`
         ! + `A09_Prz_zfracs = 8`

(from your inlist it seems you want GS98 for the solar composition so set )

initial_zfracs = 3

Aaron