[mesa-users] Horizontal Branch in 1M_pre_ms_to_wd

Félix Blais felix.blais.duff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:54:57 EST 2015

Hello, I am using the 1M_pre_ms_to_wd/ to check the evolution of stars
depending on their metallicity (z) and Mass (M), and i wanted to check the
position of stars on the horizontal branch depending on their metallicity.
In my simulation, it seems that i can't get to the blue horizontal branch.
All my models (from 0.8M(solar) and z=0.00 to 1.8M and z=0.04) barely reach
the red horizontal branch.

Can someone explain to me why i don't have any models reaching the
horizontal branch to extended temperature?

Is it because it's not massive enough?

Thank you

Félix B.