[mesa-users] Burning questions

Ondrea Clarkson ond20id at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:53:21 EDT 2015

Hey,
Those we're my thoughts exactly, which actually begs another question. Does
MESA differentiate between nuclear isomers? I was unsure if perhaps I was
only seeing ground state isomers with longer half-lives rather than
metastable states.

I may have a more fundamental lack of understanding with the networks. If I
don't specify my reactions via add_reactions, what does MESA do?

I have been working under the impression that this is necessary. In doing
this, I have not been able to find handles for 16O(16O,d)30P (which I know
very quickly will photodisintegrate), 16O(16O,n)31S, 31P(n,g)32P among
others.

What I mean by compound reaction is something like:  16O(16O,p)31P(p,a)28Si
 in reactions.list being r1616ppa

Thank you

Ondrea