[mesa-users] Question about abundances in the 1 Msun test problem

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 7 12:11:10 EDT 2014

On Aug 7, 2014, at 4:39 AM, Manos Chatzopoulos wrote:

> I just experimented with the set_uniform_xa_from_file option and I am a happy customer too,

great.

> though for the inexperienced MESA user some relevant "flags" in the inlist that allows the control of the
> abundances might be a more straightforward option.

it is possible to do it all from the inlist too.   There are 2 test cases as examples:
make_massive_with_uniform_composition and make_low_mass_with_uniform_composition

in &star_job, add these lines

      relax_initial_to_xaccrete = .true.
      num_steps_to_relax_composition = 50

in &controls, set the abundances in xaccrete.
in the test cases we just set a C/O mixture, but you
can specify as many isotopes as there are in your net.

         ! C/O MIX
         ! set target uniform composition for relax_initial_to_xaccrete
         num_accretion_species = 2
         accretion_species_id(1) = 'c12'
         accretion_species_xa(1) = 0.2145d0
         accretion_species_id(2) = 'o16'