[mesa-users] update on mesa platform dependency bugs: natural log function different on Mac 10.6.8 vs 10.8.5

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 25 12:34:48 EST 2013

On Nov 25, 2013, at 7:02 AM, Tomasz Plewa wrote:

> I would not pay a lot of my attention to the last digit problems unless one wants to make science out of it. I believe those are unnecessary technical distractions.

Agreed as far as the physics goes.   My interest in the last digit is because it impacts the exact reproducibility that is important to me as a software developer.  For me, this whole issue is about software engineering and building quality open-source tools that work on a variety of platforms.

-Bill