[mesa-users] Running MESA on Mavericks (library problem)

Sibilla Perina sibilla.perina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 13:28:09 EST 2013

Hi,

Last week I updated my system to Mavericks. Before I was using MESA version
4589 on OSX 10.8 to compute evolutionary tracks. Now on Mavericks,
executing the same previously compiled version, the code runs until the end
only showing at the start this message:

---------

dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libxml2.2.dylib

Referenced from: /sw/lib/libneon.27.dylib

Reason: Incompatible library version: libneon.27.dylib requires version
11.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 10.0.0

----------

I have attached three plots where I show some comparisons.

I compare the output of newly computed tracks (red lines) for 3, 5, and 15
Msun, with the tracks that I computed previously when I was on OSX 10.8
(blue lines).

There are some differences in the 5 and 15 Msun tracks.

Does this difference depend from the library not loaded above?

How can I solve this problem?

(MESA 4589 was compiled on OSx 10.8 by mesasdk)

Thank you.

Sibilla

[image: Immagine in linea 1]

[image: Immagine in linea 2]