[mesa-users] ODP: Re: the energy of the emitted photons

astrophysics astrophysics at go2.pl
Tue Jun 25 02:56:24 EDT 2013

Hi,
I'll take a look at it. Might be promissing.
Thans again and best regards
Marcin

Ehsan Moravveji <e.moravveji at gmail.com> pisze:Hello Marcin,
To get a better realization of the photon flux at X-rays, you need to have a synthetic SED code, which MESA is not currently supporting. This, requires an integration of radiative transfer codes (as William pointed out), where TLUSTY could be a choice. However, the run-time for such radiative transfer codes exceeds that of MESA by at least an order of magnitude. So, some tricks have to be employed, e.g. just to call it at some, not all steps.
Let us know if you manage to implement it.

Regards.
Ehsan.