[mesa-users] ODP: Re: the energy of the emitted photons

astrophysics astrophysics at go2.pl
Mon Jun 24 12:56:52 EDT 2013

Ah yes,
I was expecting this.
At the moment I use the Planck function for a given effective temperature from mesa output in my external program.
Just thought mesa might have it somewhere inside.
Thanks Bill.
Cheers
Marcin @ astrophysics

William Wolf <wmwolf at physics.ucsb.edu> pisze:Hi Marcin

MESA doesn't do radiative transfer, so I think the best you could do would be to just integrate the Planck function over the wavelengths you want and multiply by the surface area. This would be relatively simple to implement in your run_star_extras.f if you wanted to output it at each step in history.log, too.

Bill